The 2014 Florida Gators finished a disappointing 7-4* (4-4). Those losses occurred at the hands of the SEC West champ (21-42, #3 Alabama), the SEC East champs (13-42, #23 Missouri), a CFP final four team (19-24, #8 FSU), and two SEC bowl teams by a total of six points (27-30, #13 LSU and 20-23 (OT) South Carolina).
- DL Dante Fowler, (Round 1, Jacksonville Jaguars)
- OT (Round 1, Arizona Cardinals)
- OT Chaz Green (Round 3, Dallas Cowboys)
- RB Matt Jones (Round 3, Washington Redskins)
- C (Round 4, Denver Broncos)
- LB Neiron Ball (Round 5, Oakland Raiders)
- WR Andre Debose (Round 7, Oakland Raiders)
- OG Trenton Brown (Round 7, San Francisco 49ers)
- WR Quinton Dunbar (UDFA, Washington Redskins)
- TE Clay Burton (UDFA, Buffalo Bills)
- DT Darious Cummings (UDFA, Carolina Panthers)
- DT Leon Orr (UDFA, Oakland Raiders)
Key Returning Starters:
- CB Vernon Hargreaves
- WR .
Newcomers to Watch:
- Head Coach
- Sept. 5 New Mexico State – W
- Florida is favored by 38 and is 7-5 ATS. O/U is currently at 57.5. Florida should easily cover the spread. Prediction: Florida Gators 63, New Mexico State Aggies 3.
- Sept. 12 East Carolina – W
- The Pirates have a chance to get revenge from nine months ago. Neither of these teams is the same as the last time they met, but the results will be similar. I predict a 36-10 victory for the Gators.
- Sept. 19 at Kentucky – W
- Kentucky will probably bust out some new, sexy uniforms, as if they were dressing up for a funeral. I predict a massacre, 42-14 Gators. Coach Mac’s offense will pick up before the real SEC showdown next week.
- Sept. 26 Tennessee – L
- Tennessee is the favorite here by 2.5 in the Swamp. The Gators will need to stay healthy on the offensive line in order to keep the TBD starting QB upright, and hope that a couple Gator receivers and tight ends can step up to mount some offense against the rising Vols. This will be the first gut check for Coach Mac. I predict a 27-30 loss to the Vols.
- Oct. 3 Ole Miss – L
- The Rebels are favored by 6 at home. I predict a spanking, 14-32, Ole Miss.
- Oct. 10 at Missouri – L
- The Gators have not figured out how to beat any team nicknamed the Tigers ever since Urban Meyer left. If Coach Mac does not figure out how to keep this game close, I will probably light my house on fire. Missouri is favored by 10. Prediction: 21-27, Missouri.
- Oct. 17 at LSU – L
- See above. LSU is favored by two touchdowns. Gators lose, 9-10.
- Oct. 24 off BYE
- Oct. 31 Georgia * – L
- It was nice for the Gators to beat the Bulldogs last year, but it will not happen again this year. UGA is favored by 12, but they will not cover the spread. 33-42, Bulldogs.
- Nov. 5 Vanderbilt – W
- Now that Muschamp is gone, perhaps we can get back to slaughtering Vanderbilt. I call this one 45-10, Gators.
- Nov. 14 at South Carolina – W
- I think Coach Mac will start to pull away from the legend of Steve Spurrier by beating him more often than not, starting this year with a 32-13 win at Williams-Bryce Stadium. The Gamecocks are favored by 2.5 at home, but this team is not built as well as previous teams.
- Nov. 21 Florida Atlantic – W
- With the Gators sitting at 6-5, this 52-14 blowout will be a good warmup for FSU next week.
- Nov. 28 Florida State – L
- FSU has gained too much steam under Will Muschamp’s butt buddy, Jimbo Fisher. The Gators should barely be bowl eligible after losing this one. FSU is favored by 4, but I expect this betting line to move as we get closer to game time.