I decided to change things up by posting the UF Alumni Association sticker instead of the Only Gators picture. I am not normally superstitious, but after this game I will start believing in the supernatural. Whatever voodoo magic Will Muschamp did to win this game needs to be repeated in any future SEC match-up.
Despite the win, Coach Muschamp has not regained my confidence. The SEC East crown is pretty much out of reach with Missouri very likely to repeat as division champions. Granted, I would rather have Missouri as division champ than Georgia, but Florida did have a chance to control a berth in Atlanta by beating Missouri. At homecoming. This Georgia victory was important to regain the faith of a Gator Nation, but it did nothing for our confidence in him for 2015. The following has to happen in order for Muschamp to get the Gators to Atlanta (note that this is not likely):
- Florida (4-3, 3-3) defeats Vanderbilt (3-6, 0-5) and South Carolina (4-5, 2-5) to end up 5-3 in the SEC
- If Florida loses another SEC game, it is out of the running in the SEC East.
- Missouri (7-2, 4-1) loses to Texas A&M (6-3, 2-3), Tennessee (4-5, 1-4), and Arkansas (4-5, 0-5) and ends up 4-4 in the SEC.
- If Missouri, Georgia and Florida end up 5-3, Missouri gets the tiebreaker over both unless Georgia still retains a high poll ranking.
- Georgia (6-2, 4-2) loses to Kentucky (5-4, 2-4) and Auburn (7-1, 4-1) and ends up 4-4 in the SEC
- If Georgia can get past Auburn, it can steal the SEC East from Missouri with a higher poll ranking, assuming Missouri also ends up 5-3 in the SEC.
Team Stat Comparison
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
- Week 1, Florida Gators 0, Idaho Vandals 0 (0-0, 0-0)
- Week 2, Florida Gators 65, Eastern Michigan Eagles 0 (1-0, 0-0)
- Week 3, Florida Gators 36, Kentucky Wildcats 30 (2-0, 1-0)
- Week 4, Alabama Crimson Tide 42, Florida Gators 14 (2-1, 1-1)
- Week 5, bye week
- Week 6, Florida Gators 10, Tennessee Volunteers 9 (3-1, 2-1)
- Week 7, LSU Tigers 27, Florida Gators 30 (3-2, 2-2)
- Week 8, Missouri Tigers 42, Florida Gators 13 (3-3, 2-3)
- Week 9, bye week
- Week 10, Florida Gators 38, #11 Georgia Bulldogs 20 (4-3, 3-3)