Does America’s policy in Syria against ISIS pass the rules of common sense or the Powell Doctrine?
1. Is a vital national security interest threatened?
2. Do we have a clear attainable objective?
3. Have the risks and costs been fully and frankly analyzed?
4. Have all other nonviolent policy means been fully exhausted?
5. Is there a plausible exit strategy to avoid endless entanglement?
6. Have the consequences of our action been fully considered?
7. Is the action supported by the American people?
8. Do we have genuine broad international support?
Hint: the answer is no.
Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)