Cubicle Warrior’s blog, week 31 of 213 (1,242 more days to military retirement). This week’s quote comes from Ode of Remembrance by Laurence Binyon in honor of the 2,402 Americans that perished in the Pearl Harbor attacks 71 years ago on December 7th.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.. — Laurence Binyon, Ode of Remembrance
- The official Kilar family highlight video for 2012 has been released on Facebook. We are only doing limited release to Facebook this year.
- Pearl Harbor Day. Remember the 2,402 Americans that perished on this day in 1941.
- Rissa’s martial arts sampler. Rissa Kilar’s Tricking Sampler.
- JR Kilar’s martial arts sampler. JR Kilar’s Tricking Sampler.
- I had an exciting week of architecting and planning service oriented architecture for program X.
- Phase retrieval with polarization. My old buddy from the Air Force Research Laboratory has yet another interesting math-related blog post.
- The Rise of the Aggies, and the Decline of the Gators and Crimson Tide. The Florida Gators may be the most successful college football program of the last 30 years, but the Texas A&M Aggies are poised to be the most successful college football program of the next 30 years.
- Johnny Manziel’s kryptonite: Florida Gator defense. No team could stop this year’s bandwagon superstar, Johnny Football…except the Florida Gators (and the LSU Tigers). Before you jump on the Johnny Football bandwagon, remember that he is still human.
- Seven Florida Gators named to the All-SEC team, including senior running back Mike Gillislee, redshirt senior kicker Caleb Sturgis, junior defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd, junior safety Matt Elam and sophomore punter Kyle Christy.
- UFC on Fox 5. This was the best fight card I have ever seen that was not on PPV. I predicted Ben Henderson over Nate Diaz by decision, Shogun Rua over Alexander Gustafsson by decision, B.J. Penn over Rory MacDonald by decision, and Mike Swick over Matt Brown by TKO. I went 1-4 in my picks.
- Marquez v Pacquiao 4. Juan Marquel Marquez knocked the truck out of my boy Manny Pacquiao with 10 seconds left in the round.