Cubicle Warrior’s blog, week 16 of 213. This week’s highlights: bad sushi, good pizza, a trip to Vandenberg Air Force Base, my new phone, the Bourne Legacy and MMA fighter Ronda Rousey. Two more weeks to college football season!
Even if you fall on your face, you are still moving forward. –Multiple sources.
Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body. — Cicero
Maru Sushi. I should have known that a fusion of French food and sushi would be a sure way to create an overpriced disappointment. 2/5. At least the dessert was good. [LINK]
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big
as it needs to be. — Unknown.
I got an e-mail from an old friend about a $200+ CAC reader for the iPhone or Android. That is just the initial NRE–there is also a $50+ fee per year for middleware maintenance. [LINK]
Ronda Rousey tapped another fighter out in Round 1, Sarah Kaufman! I am really starting to fall in love with Ronda Rousey. As a fighter, of course. She even calls out the steroid shooting
male female MMA fighter, Cristiane Cyborg Santos. I think that Ronda is the best female MMA fighter not named Cristiane Santos. I doubt she will be able to pull off a first round arm bar on the Cyborg, even if the Cyborg is off the drugs.
Florida Gator football
14 days to Gator football! I have been counting down the top 100 Gators based on the following factors: Gator Ring of Honor, University of Florida Athletic Association Hall of Fame (Gator Great), All American, national awards (Heisman, Draddy, etc) All SEC, conference awards, and school awards. Ties went to members of national or conference championship teams. Mitigating factors were considered for all-time greats from the beginning of Gator football in 1906 to the beginning of the modern epoch in 1980.
- 14. Gator Great, College Hall of Fame, All-American, 3X All SEC, WR Carlos Alvarez (’69-’71)
- 15. Gator Greats, the first and second Gator All Americans, Dale Van Sickel and Charlie LaPradd (1927-1929, 1950-1952)
- 16. Gator Great, All-American, 3X All-SEC WR Cris Collinsworth (’77-’80)
- 17. Gator Great, All-American, All-SEC WR Ike Hilliard (’94-’96)
- 18. Gator Great, All-American, All-SEC WR Reidel Anthony (’94-’96)
- 19. Gator Great, 2X SEC Player of the Year, 3X All-SEC QB Shane Matthews (’90-’93)
- 20. Gator Great, SEC Player of the Year, All-SEC QB Kerwin Bell (’83-’87)
- 21. Gator Great, All-SEC linebacker Scot Brantley (’76-’79)
I was a bit disappointed that the JSpOC does not look like the old Space Control Center from “Wargames”. I did learn a lot from this TDY.
Work. Still sucks. I cannot tell all three of you blog readers why, but it sucks. Trying to remain positive here…
Bourne Legacy: “There was never just one”. Puh-leez! There had better not be another one. Read more here [LINK].
- Week 1 of 213 (May 6, 2012) (walterkilar.wordpress.com)
- Week 2 of 213 (May 13, 2012) (walterkilar.wordpress.com)
- Week 3 of 213 (May 20, 2012) (walterkilar.wordpress.com)
- Week 4 of 213 (May 30, 2012) (walterkilar.wordpress.com)
- Week 7 of 213 (June 17, 2012) (walterkilar.wordpress.com)
- Week 8 of 213 (June 28, 2012) (walterkilar.wordpress.com)
- Week 10 of 213 (July 8, 2012) (walterkilar.wordpress.com)
- Week 11 of 213 (July 15, 2012) (walterkilar.wordpress.com)
- Week 12 of 213 (July 22, 2012) (walterkilar.wordpress.com)
- Week 13 of 213 (July 29, 2012) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Week 14 of 213 (August 5, 2012) (email@example.com)
- Week 15 of 213 (August 12, 2012) (firstname.lastname@example.org)