Yes! It is true! I heard from a friend of a friend who is a Bull Gator who knows someone who knows someone who read on Twitter that Santa Claus is indeed coming to town as the new Florida Gator head ball coach! It must be true. I saw it on Facebook.
Rumors are rampant throughout the Gator Nation. Chris Petersen. Dan Mullen. Bobby Stoops. Gus Malzahn. Gary Patterson. Bobby Petrino. Steve Addazio. Kyle Whittingham. Josh McDaniel. Everyone seems to know who is the next Gator head coach. The truth is that nobody knows who it will be! Not Florida Athletic Director Jeremy Foley, not University of Florida president Bernie Machen, not Urban Meyer, and not the savior himself, Tim Tebow.
Enough with the rumors already! Nobody knows. All the Gator fans have their own favorites. The non-Gator fans have their non-favorites. I get it, people are tired of the Florida Gators. That is no reason to go around attacking Gator fans, as if WE had something to do with how the Florida football team dominated college football for the better part of the past 20 years. That certainly is no reason for Gator fans to go around attacking other Gator fans. What happened to In all kinds of weather, We’ll all stick together, for F-L-O-R-I-D-A?
- Urban Meyer Resigns: Dan Mullen and the Favorites To Replace Him (bleacherreport.com)
- What Urban Meyer’s Retirement as the Florida Gators’ Head Coach Means for Mark Richt and the Georgia Bulldogs (dawgsports.com)
- Urban Meyer Leaving The Florida Gators Is Eye-Raising But Not Shocking (bleacherreport.com)
- Florida Fashioned: Why Dan Mullen is a Great Fit for the Gators (bleacherreport.com)
- Urban Meyer Resigns: Why Dan Mullen Must Be The Next Florida Gators Head Coach (bleacherreport.com)
- Florida Gators Coach Search: Who Should Be on the Short List (bleacherreport.com)