Happy new year! Unless you are in China or some other country that is not as cool as America, you are concocting a list of lies you will tell yourself about resolutions and goals. Here are my threshold and objective goals for 2010:
- (T) Complete Squadron Officer School (SOS) via correspondence before pinning on captain in May. (O) Complete SOS in 50% of the allotted time.
- (T) Continue passing classes in my Norwich MSIA program. (O) Maintain 4.0 GPA in my Norwich MSIA program.
- (T) Maintain 85+ in Air Force physical fitness test standards. (O) Score 90+ on AF PFT.
- (T) Keep body weight under 150 pounds. (O) Drop down to 140 pounds.
- (T) Spend more time homeschooling the kids. (O) Get both kids at least one year ahead of public school standards.
Here are my favorite moments of 2009, in no particular order:
- Mom and dad visiting for Christmas
- University of Florida Homecoming week–Gator Growl and Florida-Arkansas game
- Rachel and the kids visiting me in Los Angeles during a visit–Disneyland and Hollywood
- Camping at Malaquite Beach
- Parents night out at the Melting Pot
- Visiting Larry at Fort Dix before deployment
- Gryphon and VDATS-208 at work
My least favorite moments of 2009 include the following:
- Having the DC assignment shot down–top that off with two of my co-workers being allowed to leave without replacements
- Not being appreciated at work
- Utter disappointment at kids’ homeschooling–no progress reports, falling behind in public school standards. What’s the point of homeschool again?
- The University of Idaho MSEE program being a disappointment
- Veteran’s Administration not paying for MSIA classes
I am thankful for my beautiful, loving wife as we head into our 15th year of marriage. I am also thankful for my beautiful children as they enter the high school and pre-teen years.