Monday. I hate Mondays. The good news is that it is the first Monday of the new calendar year! 2010 was a good year, and I hope 2011 is just as good. Highlights of 2010:
- Jan 1, 2010 – We watched the Florida Gators defeat the Cincinnati Bearcats 51-24 in the Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. [Florida Gator football]
- Jan 14-15 – The kids’ taekwondo demonstration team, Team Legacy, won the gold at American Taekwondo Association Black Belt Nationals in Dallas, Texas. Bonus: we got to hang out with our friends, the Dixon family. [taekwondo, friends]
- Feb 3 – Rachel and the kids came to visit me up in Baltimore/Washington during one of my business trips. We played in the snow–the kids’ first snow that they can actually remember! We also got to hang out with JR Arca and his fiance, Jamie. [snow, family]
- Mar 27 – We traveled to Las Vegas for the kids’ ATA Spring Nationals tournament and had a blast with fellow San Antonio friends, the Guzman family. [friends]
- Apr 4 – Rachel and the kids visit my parents in Florida and meet up with my brother and his family (yeah, I got stuck in San Antonio with work). At least they got to hang out at the beach. [family, beach]
- Apr 16 – We met up with the Dixon family again before the kids’ taekwondo tournament in Dallas. [taekwondo, friends]
- Apr 28 – Ahhh, my favorite conference. A week of work on the San Antonio Riverwalk. [Air Force]
- May 27 – We drove all the way to Florida to see my mom and dad, and hang out at the beach! I got to hang out with my little brother and visit our old high school. [family, beach]
- Jun 11 – Rodel and Bobbi get married in North Carolina! What a great family reunion! [family]
- Jun 21 – Some of our best friends in San Antonio earn their black belts at the black belt boot camp. [friends, taekwondo]
- Jun 24-26 – The kids’ TKD demo team, Team Legacy, wins the title of World Champion Demo Team at the ATA World Championships! [taekwondo]
- Jul 19 – We moved into a new rental home, thus affirming at least another two-year commitment in the Alamo City. [family]
- Jul 21 – 23 – We get a special visit from Steve and Rene! Indian food and Texas barbecue! Woot! [friends]
- Jul/Aug/Sep – We take several trips to the beach. Definitely worth the long drive, but it is not Florida. [beach]
- Sep – The beginning of tournament Texas TKD tournament season begins with a bang as we travel around Texas with friends for competitions. [friends]
- Oct – Big vacation to Florida for the University of Florida Homecoming. Even though Florida lost the game, we had a lot of fun. We also got to see mom and dad. [family]
- Nov – Rissa is showcased in the ATA magazine.
- Nov 26 – I drove all the way to Florida alone to see my parents en route to military training in Alabama. Shopping with mom! Yay! [family]
- Nov/Dec – What a surprisingly interesting week in Alabama. I actually enjoyed the training.
- Nov/Dec – This month was rather turbulent for Gator fans. This is a big deal to me, a self-professed Gator nut. [Florida Gator football]
- Dec – Mom, dad, and my brother all drive down to hang out with us for Christmas! This was the best Christmas I have experienced in a long time. [family]
All year – We watched our friendship grow with several families throughout the year, mostly through our TKD experiences. Work still sucks at times, but I am fortunate to have gained the trust from my boss for him to let me spend $11M of taxpayer’s dollars for the future of cubicle systems. I always miss home in Florida, but I have great friends to get me through the days here in Texas.
Happy New Year!